Mobile App Development
You can download the Minds Eye Black Box game from the Apple App Store here:
Why your business needs an app
- Affordable and effective way to communicate with your customers, increasing awareness of your brand
- Allows customers to reach you in seconds. They can call/email you at the touch of a button to buy your products or set up an appointment with you
- You can notify customers of promotions, special events and launches
- You can store large amounts of information, such as videos and catalogues, on an app
- Apps are faster than web pages and work when the device is offline. It takes a second to launch an App, whereas a website could be slow to upload in a bad reception area
- Custom apps for your employees can keep them in touch with the office while on the move, increasing productivity, any time, anywhere! A survey of 240 businesses suggests that the use of mobile apps designed to help employees complete their work increased productivity by 45% and raised operational efficiency by almost as much (44%).
Click Here for some examples of how an app could benefit your business
Examples of how an app could benefit your business
Retail and hospitality
- Demonstrate your product/service
- Help customers locate your store/restaurant
- Help customers to make an appointment/reservation quickly
- Advertise special deals/generate promotional discount vouchers
- Retrieve and update information from your company database (e.g. customer accounts, product inventory) while on the move
- Produce interactive sales presentations for tablets e.g. iPad
- Publish your full product catalogue as an iPad app, which your sales team use to show customers your entire range of products, demonstrate how your products work and produce quotes
- Make diagnoses or calculate the correct dosage
- Access to databases, journal articles and trial data
Games are often considered as a 'Sticky' - it attracts the viewers attention. It then keeps them on your website or your App.
Amazing mobile facts!
Here are some very useful facts about mobiles and smart devices
Amazing mobile facts!
- 60% of UK mobile users own a smartphone. Guardian Dec 2012
- 491m smartphones were sold in 2011 (up 61% from 2010). Source: IDC
- Combined tablet and smartphone sales outstripped those of desktops and notebooks in 2011 (recent report from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers).
- Mobile devices will overtake desktops by 2015. Source (19/1/2013)
- The global mobile apps market is expected to be worth $25bn by 2015 compared to $6.8bn in 2010 Source: MarketsandMarkets
- Four years after opening in 2008, the App Store will hit 25 billion downloads
- The number of mobile app downloads is estimated to reach 44 billion by 2016 (ABI Research)
- 57% of people use their phone more for apps than calls (Mubaloo)
- Three quarters of mobile owners use apps for customer service purposes (Mubaloo)
- In 2012 in-app spending by advertisers in Western Europe and the US is set to overtake money spent on mobile website advertisements. Source: Strategy Analytics
- Smartphone users are affluent and have a high disposable income (Ask.com and Harris Interactive)
- 41% of smartphone owners are purchasing goods and services from their phone (survey by Chadwick Martin Bailey, 2011)
Minds Eye wouldn’t go quite so far as to say that the ‘Web is Dead’ (Source: Wired Magazine ) but as the use of smart devices increases, there are outstanding opportunities to reach your customers and employees via a mobile app.
The development process for your App
We have a tried an trusted process for App development. We have found that this process works well not just for the client but it also helps us to achieve a very good understanding of your requirements.